Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,816   Posts: 1,581,628   Online: 751

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post

Can you pick some up for me and ship it? LOL when you say cheap, how cheap? What's the price range?

Thanks,

~Stone
    Give me some sizes, they aren't expensive maybe $8 max. I had thought of making them an offer for the lot They aren't always there though so I can't make promises. And yes in the UK.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I have a Kodak 1 and 1a that both need new bellows
    Good luck getting repairs on that. There aren't any screws in the camera. Everything is riveted together. I just painted a 1A last night with my fabric glue + paint.
    http://filmphotog.blogspot.com/ my blog

Please visit my film photography youtube channel and subscribe:

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

My bellows repair recipe and technique.

Thanks Ian,

I'll go measure...

Also, I'm not worried about rivets, I'll take them out and fasten them back together some other way or with new ones, I have friends who probably have rivet inserters of some kind.

Oh this is exciting!!

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

my bellows repair recipe and technique

I just finishing a repair on a 616 special with multiple pinholes. I used vinyl wrap material that is used to detail cars with. It is very flexible and the adhesive is permanent. I was told by the auto supply people that I purchased it from that using a blow dryer on low heat will help the material fit into corners and odd shapes. So far, so good. It comes in matte black and is about 4-5 mm thick.

Doug

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for posting I have an Omega D2 with a bad bellows this is very helpful

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

I keep meaning to measure when I'm home... Ugh, I'll send it soon.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    You know, this is very informative.

But I wonder, dkgeorgie or anyone: Is there simply a thin, opaque tape that can be carefully wrapped into the bellows that will not tear when repeadedly bent (as will be the case as the bellows is brought in and out)? Doing this would truly build back the bellows' stability that had been lost with the wear. - David Lyga
    The best bellows repair material is, I reckon, 3M type 850 black polyester tape. I use the 1" wide version to repair and almost reconstruct bellows in enlargers and cameras. The tape is very thin, very black, with a strong non-bleeding, non-gooey adhesive. It is also ultraflexible and doesn't form cracks or pinholes. Maybe bellows should be made out of this stuff in the first place. Downside? Expensive!
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sobo brand PVA glue and India Ink... It's was too simple!

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/1...ows-patch.html

Shooter
    35mm
    This is how I repaired a Mamiya 6 bellows.

On the inside I glued an oversize patch cut from black gaffer tape. On the outside I applied many coats of a product called Plasti-Dip (black, of course) which I first thinned with naptha. I let each coat dry for about an hour before applying the next until it all looked fairly well blended in. Plasti-Dip is basically a liquid rubber.

I used a small paint brush to apply it and also painted it on the frayed corners of the bellows which seemed to work well at sealing and strengthening them. There were no light leaks afterward and the bellows folded normally.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    This is how I repaired a Mamiya 6 bellows.

On the inside I glued an oversize patch cut from black gaffer tape. On the outside I applied many coats of a product called Plasti-Dip (black, of course) which I first thinned with naptha. I let each coat dry for about an hour before applying the next until it all looked fairly well blended in. Plasti-Dip is basically a liquid rubber.

I used a small paint brush to apply it and also painted it on the frayed corners of the bellows which seemed to work well at sealing and strengthening them. There were no light leaks afterward and the bellows folded normally.
    The Mamiya 6 has a bellows? Are you sure that's not a different camera?

~Stone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin