Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,776   Posts: 1,516,690   Online: 1204

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    The Mamiya 6 has a bellows? Are you sure that's not a different camera?

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is the earlier, folding version - the Mamiya Six - as discussed here: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Mamiya_Six
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    That is the earlier, folding version - the Mamiya Six - as discussed here: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Mamiya_Six
    Oh yes... gotcha! thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Maris, regarding the 3M type 850 industrial black tape (1"): expensive is not the proper word. It costs almost USD 2000 for a case of 72 rolls!!!! - David Lyga

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3.../Polyester850/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    Maris, regarding the 3M type 850 industrial black tape (1"): expensive is not the proper word. It costs almost USD 2000 for a case of 72 rolls!!!! - David Lyga

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3.../Polyester850/
    I encountered the same problem until I found a retailer who would ship just one roll. Even so the roll cost more than $100 by the time it got to me in Australia. At least I now have enough for two lifetimes worth of torn and pinholed bellows!
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

My bellows repair recipe and technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I encountered the same problem until I found a retailer who would ship just one roll. Even so the roll cost more than $100 by the time it got to me in Australia. At least I now have enough for two lifetimes worth of torn and pinholed bellows!
    Why doesn't Australia just make Thierry own stuff? LOL

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found out today that PVA glue mixed with India Ink isn't optimal. I packed up me camera last night and went shooting this afternoon, and found out that PVA glue will stick to itself.

I'm going to try the plastidip thing this weekend.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Give me some sizes, they aren't expensive maybe $8 max. I had thought of making them an offer for the lot They aren't always there though so I can't make promises. And yes in the UK.

Ian
    OK Ian... sizes...

I assume you wanted the large and small end sizes? If there isn't an exact size match, can I assume the folds can be cut down to size?

3 foldies, one seems like it's slightly different from the other even if they are the same "size" as far as film image and film type...

ok the most important two are...

Large end - 7.5cm x 11.5cm | Small end - 3.5cm x 4cm
    Large end - 7cm x 9.5cm | Small end - 4cm x 4.75cm

The third less important but would be neat to fix is almost the same as the first one above, slightly different though...

Large end - 7.5cm x 12cm | Small end - 3.75cm x 4cm

Look I did them in metric sizes! I'm so proud (I almost used inches since that's what kodak would have used but you're in the UK right? so did I dun good? haha)

Seriously I'm sure they won't have these EXACT sizes but as long as the small end will get that small, if the bigger end is... slightly bigger, I can always just taper it in.

Anyway I hope that's the size information you were looking for.

Thanks!

This will be fun to shoot since none of the patents go past 1917

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I found out today that PVA glue mixed with India Ink isn't optimal. I packed up me camera last night and went shooting this afternoon, and found out that PVA glue will stick to itself.

I'm going to try the plastidip thing this weekend.
    Try thin coat liquid rubber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately on this occasion the box of bellows wasn't there. Not such a good day . . . . . . except the 20 mint cable releases for £10 ($16)

I can do metric & imperial so that's not an issue. I ndid try.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    OK Ian... sizes...

I assume you wanted the large and small end sizes? If there isn't an exact size match, can I assume the folds can be cut down to size?

3 foldies, one seems like it's slightly different from the other even if they are the same "size" as far as film image and film type...

ok the most important two are...

Large end - 7.5cm x 11.5cm | Small end - 3.5cm x 4cm
    Large end - 7cm x 9.5cm | Small end - 4cm x 4.75cm

The third less important but would be neat to fix is almost the same as the first one above, slightly different though...

Large end - 7.5cm x 12cm | Small end - 3.75cm x 4cm

Look I did them in metric sizes! I'm so proud (I almost used inches since that's what kodak would have used but you're in the UK right? so did I dun good? haha)

Seriously I'm sure they won't have these EXACT sizes but as long as the small end will get that small, if the bigger end is... slightly bigger, I can always just taper it in.

Anyway I hope that's the size information you were looking for.

Thanks!

This will be fun to shoot since none of the patents go past 1917

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

My bellows repair recipe and technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Unfortunately on this occasion the box of bellows wasn't there. Not such a good day . . . . . . except the 20 mint cable releases for £10 ($16)

I can do metric & imperial so that's not an issue. I ndid try.

Ian
    Thanks for trying, I can wait till next time,

~Stone

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin