Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,292   Online: 1131

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

My 8x10 camera build

Some of you may remember that I have built three ULF camera's. 8x20, 11x14 and 14x17. I have been using them all and even though they are not perfectly rigid they work well enough. So I decided to build my 8x10. Seems only fitting that I should have all four formats built by me. So my 1904 Seneca Improved can get some rest. It is a great camera and the one I use the most. I've seen many designs i like and I've got a combination that I will use for this build. Some images. This will be Walnut and Rosewood. My New Years project!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wood for the 8x10.jpg   finished rosewood nobs.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow Jim.. I'm sure your camera will be beautiful. make sure to post pic when you finishe it.

Todd

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I will post images as I go. Here are the previous three.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0097.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These sure are beauties!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow!! absolutly stunning. I'm jealous that you have the abilty to create these cameras by hand. What a skill. Hmmm.. do you make them to sell?

ToddB

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    All of the cameras I build are labors of love. They are functional and all have their quirks. Each one gets better. So the 8x10 should be the best.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen these cameras. I can tell you that the finish is silky smooth. It's a joy to use equipment that's well made and elegant. The 8x10 will be fun to see.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Curt, thanks. Yes I love using the ULF'S. Can't wait to use the 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    All of the cameras I build are labors of love. They are functional and all have their quirks. Each one gets better. So the 8x10 should be the best.
    I need to pick your brain about sourcing some of those pieces of brass hardware so I can build myself a 5x7 instead of beating the bushes for a decent one; the metal parts are the only thing that's keeping me from doing it. Nice work on the three that you posted; going by those your 8x10 will be lovely as well!

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hi, Jim.

Looking forward to watching this progress. I'm currently doing the same thing (learning how to anodise aluminium at the moment!).

I couldn't see with the photos that you've posted; how are yo doing the joints? Finger joints?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin