Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,791   Online: 967

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filter repair

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not worried about it impacting the images; the problem is that it rotates and slides around with even the lightest pressure and makes cleaning exceptionally difficult. Even a barely-enough-pressure-to-work wiping with a microfiber towel will cause it to rotate or move around. I'd just like to be able to get the surfaces clean without being frustrated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
    I'm not worried about it impacting the images; the problem is that it rotates and slides around with even the lightest pressure and makes cleaning exceptionally difficult. Even a barely-enough-pressure-to-work wiping with a microfiber towel will cause it to rotate or move around. I'd just like to be able to get the surfaces clean without being frustrated.
    Would a small suction cup solve the cleaning problem?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Would a small suction cup solve the cleaning problem?
    It might; that's a good idea. As long as it doesn't leave any sort of mark after being applied I should think that it'll work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin