Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,210   Online: 835

Shooter
    Multi Format

Glue used by Yashica on Lynx 14E

Based on some posts, the glue used by Yashica at that time was not good and after the years dried the logos comes off.

Does anybody knows how to remove the logos without scratching the camera or braking the plastic plates?

I want to re-glue them as a precaution.

Thanks,
    Federico

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You need an adhesive that can be used on metal. I would suggest Pliobond. It is a rubber based contact cement.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by mindthemix View Post
    Based on some posts, the glue used by Yashica at that time was not good and after the years dried the logos comes off.
    Does anybody knows how to remove the logos without scratching the camera or braking the plastic plates?
    I want to re-glue them as a precaution.
    Thanks,
    Federico
    I suggest doing two things. Both assume the plate is secured poorly by old glue.

(1) Push the edge of the nameplate sideways with your thumbnail. This might put enough pressure to break the glue-bond.
    (2) Pull off the plate using duct tape or some other strong tape. The old glue is weak, so a fairly strong pull from attached tape might remove the plate.

Good luck,

Mark Overton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you very much for the directions Mark!

I'll try it and I'll post my results. Thanks again.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin