Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,923   Online: 1089

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All of the filters mentioned here are acetate (even the stage "gels") and will degrade lens performance badly. True gelatins are suitable for use in the image path but are very delicate and these days pretty pricey.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks folks! Steve - Rosco sounds good, just don't have any on hand, not really worth ordering as this is my mess-around "kit"

Jim - Yeah I'm not too concerned re degradation. I've a nice rig (Contax G2 w 28mm), this toy camera is for some playing around and whatnot. Thanks for the tips!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy- Toy cameras call for toy filters! The reason for using toy cameras is to loosen up. Try what you have planned, but other things, too. I once used saran wrap, colored with Hi-Liters of different colors. I rubber banded the "filter" to the Diana lens. Obviously, you're not looking for the results you get from your Contax, so experiment, and have fun with it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks Eddie, you're right, take the art off the grid per se ever so often....your abstracts are an inspiration!
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    I regularly use correction gels on my Sigma 15/30mm zoom. There is no filter thread because the front element protrudes so far forward, but on the back of the lens is a clip that was designed to accept 25mm square gel filters. I bought a job lot from pale yellow right through to deep orange and cut the correct size for my needs. I only wish there was a red available as well.
    They work exceedingly well and even if they get light scratches there is absolutely no degradation of the image.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin