Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,928   Posts: 1,522,164   Online: 1025

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ya lianna i have been thinking that any mechanism that is designed to move the film (whether it is the viewmaster design or the strip of three) is going to be more complex than merely having three simple cameras in one. My rationale for that in addition to a semi-precise film transport, all the seals will have to be light proof. In a lot of ways having three versions of the same thing all ganged together would be easier. As you likely can use a simple meniscus lens, having three simple plastic lenses will not be that costly (compared to making a complicated mechanism) -- they could be molded as one long strip of plastic. Your shutter could be a simple little plastic gizmo that had the 'spring' just be a flexy arm that is part of the shutter. It could be really basic. Again could probably mold all three shutters and springs from one piece of plastic.

There are a lot of multilens cameras out there that are novelty cameras sold by lomography and places like that -- for example http://canada.shop.lomography.com/ca...tilens-cameras

You should have a look at them. They are designed to fire each lens in succession so you get a semi stop-motion effect. I am not sure what you are planning for how you would use this camera but you could probably work out some mechanism to fire all three shots in quick succession if you wanted to have that as an option. Your project seems more fun than the stuff I am working on today ;-p

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak's patents on the (now defunct) Disc cameras should give you an idea of the options in that area.

The cube concept mentioned earlier sounds interesting, though it might work better as a stubby cylinder with three lenses and the film looped internally. Cocking the shutter would open the next 'eye' in the sequence - maybe by moving a one-way dial on the top.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    35mm
    You're completely on the same page as I am, that's a relief! Now, instead of doing gravity shutters, I'm working on a shutter that is held in tension with an elastic band and is released by this sort of button that inverts itself when pressed. I will post updates when I can to keep you all in the loop!

I love all you APUGers

Quote Originally Posted by dsmccrac View Post
    ya lianna i have been thinking that any mechanism that is designed to move the film (whether it is the viewmaster design or the strip of three) is going to be more complex than merely having three simple cameras in one. My rationale for that in addition to a semi-precise film transport, all the seals will have to be light proof. In a lot of ways having three versions of the same thing all ganged together would be easier. As you likely can use a simple meniscus lens, having three simple plastic lenses will not be that costly (compared to making a complicated mechanism) -- they could be molded as one long strip of plastic. Your shutter could be a simple little plastic gizmo that had the 'spring' just be a flexy arm that is part of the shutter. It could be really basic. Again could probably mold all three shutters and springs from one piece of plastic.

There are a lot of multilens cameras out there that are novelty cameras sold by lomography and places like that -- for example http://canada.shop.lomography.com/ca...tilens-cameras

You should have a look at them. They are designed to fire each lens in succession so you get a semi stop-motion effect. I am not sure what you are planning for how you would use this camera but you could probably work out some mechanism to fire all three shots in quick succession if you wanted to have that as an option. Your project seems more fun than the stuff I am working on today ;-p

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sort of button that inverts itself when pressed
    A rocker switch??

Shooter
    35mm
    not quite. more like a mcdonalds cup lid like this.. obviously altered but the same premise.
    http://iamgaryhampton.files.wordpres...beer.jpg?w=420

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    A rocker switch??

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess I now understand this inverting (or upending) action of the button.
    But that would mean a B-type shutter (a shutter that stays open as long one presses the release; originating from rubber-bulb releases).

Maybe though I'm slow again in the uptake...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin