Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,876   Posts: 1,520,258   Online: 1137

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Fixing my Balda Baldinette's advance ball bearing

So I picked up this neat littler German camera a Balda Baldinette, it had most of the original leather case and strap and the bellows looked good... what I didn't notice was the advance knob had completely broken off and is most likely because the ball bearings had ceased and the guy forced it and snapped the metal.

Anyone have a spare? HAHA, like a broken one but that the advance knob is good? see...

I assume (and hope) the knob itself has a screw that can remove it to get to the 3 screws that hold the rotation piece in place. Once those three screws are out you can just take the piece out.

I have turned it and its VERY hard to turn. Even if I could get the bearings lubed up, I no longer have a knob and the metal is broken so I don't have another solution besides obtaining a replacement part from some kind APUGer...

Anyone?

I'll take other suggestions...

Thanks.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If this guy can't help, knowone can. Very reputable. Knows his stuff. Maybe not for free but very, very reasonable. I've purchased a couple of his refurbished cameras. Hope this helps.
    Jimbob

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
    If this guy can't help, knowone can. Very reputable. Knows his stuff. Maybe not for free but very, very reasonable. I've purchased a couple of his refurbished cameras. Hope this helps.
    Jimbob
    who's "this guy"? do you mean yourself?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of these was my first "real" camera. It'll do a nice job for you.

Mike

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    One of these was my first "real" camera. It'll do a nice job for you.

Mike
    Thanks if I can get the part..

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

*bump*

~Stone

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin