Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,501   Posts: 1,571,672   Online: 1038

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    Thanks!

I have filed these comments for when I some day get around to opening up my 124G. (So far I've been using a separate meter.)
    Same here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have an unedited video about dismantling and reassembling the mat 124g, maybe I will upload it one day when I get around editing it.
    "The Medium is the Message"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I only checked once, but it took 4 full stops before.

After adjustment it was within 1/3, maybe 1/2 from full sunlight to average interior room lighting. The built in meter is hard to read real precisely. That was reading an 18% gray card.

Quote Originally Posted by henry finley View Post
    Hot dang, aren't I standing here with mud on my face. It's fine with me, though. Glad you got it done. I have only 2 questions: Were you sure you were 4 stops off? that's a lot. and 2) what kind of linearity do you have now? That is, is it calibrated at one light level, or is it showing accurate from dark to bright (linear)? Anyway, good show. I thought it was useless.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Now I have a new calibration project.

I just picked up 2 Minolta SRT 201's and one meters about 1 stop off.

Got to figure out where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by henry finley View Post
    Well, it doesn't get any better than that. I'm glad I was wrong. Just because I'm a good technician, it's tiresome being a know-it-all. Got no problem with being wrong, as long as I'm learning. Learning is all the fun. Knowing everything is boring. Good for you friend--another good repair. Ain't it a thrill?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin