Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,190   Online: 1036

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Wanted: Source for very small rivets

As per title, I have couple of cameras to repair that have had small rivets removed, in one case to make it easier to take a lens of an MF folder body. By chance I had the missing lens now I want to get the camera working again.

So where to find very small rivets, failing that very small nut, bolts and washers. If I find them I know another camera I can fix that I valued for my sisters friend last year.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most little items like this can be sourced locally.
    Try companies that repair automotive instruments, (speedometers, gauges, carburetors, etc...),
    aircraft flight instruments, too. A call to few jewelers might also be helpful.
    Check with local opticians; inquire which companies repair eyeglass frames for them.
    Also, check with clock and watch repair shops, and houses that specialize in fasteners, (nuts & bolts).
    If these technicians don't have exactly what you need, I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Marc

Good ideas, and I worked in the Jewellery trade for nearly 20 years (in Precious Metals) so know the suppliers for the clock/watch trade. I hadn't thought of them

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have made odd rivets for years by putting various sizes of brass wire in a drill chuck with about 1/8" exposed. Peen the end with a small hammer to form a head. Then cut to length. Really fast and easy.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Ian,

I get my supplies from www.micro-tools.com. In the left hand column there is a page for 'Rivet guns.' Take a look at the sizes of the rivets to see if they meet your needs. Since this a watch maker tool/parts supplier they ought to have some tiny rivets.

On the home page look under the header Watch Repair Tools. I see they have both US/EU departments. I found the rivets in the US section.
    Last edited by Fred Aspen; 02-12-2013 at 06:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    -Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brass brads also work quite well. Check out the hobby supply stores that sell model boat kits etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    another Place that might have them is http://www.mcmaster.com/# They have a bit of every thing and provide Excellent service.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ian

I have various minature nuts, bolts, rivets etc inherited from my late father's home workshop - far more than I'll ever need. If you would like to send me a pm with your address I'd be happy to send you a handful in a jiffy bag in case any are of use.

Bill

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin