Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,201   Online: 1069

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Repair a 1920s Kodamatic shutter?

I just got a Kodak folder with a jammed Kodamatic shutter. (Note: this is the early style with the speed settings in a semicircle up top.) Has anyone successfully CLA'd one of these?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't, but I managed to fix a Compur the other day. Along the way, I found these pages which detail Kodak ball-bearing shutters. I hope they help ..

http://throughavintagelens.com/2010/10/leaf-shutters/

http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php?page=kodakbb <-- this website is especially helpful, with numerous shutters covered
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I lucked out. Disassembly was straightforward. When I got the face plate off, I found two loose screws and a washer. The washer went on a pinion, but I couldn't see where the screws went... then I saw that the low speed escapement was loose in the housing. Two screws reinstalled, and the shutter works.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Congrats. It's a very solid shutter, glad to see you got it working. It will serve you well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin