Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,709   Online: 907

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Its image and Cylindrical Plano Convex Lens

I have a catalog which listed plano convex cylindrical lenses. I am thinking to put it in front of 8mm Film and take hundreds of pictures on one roll. Catalog lists lots of lenses which focal lenghts starts from 3.9 mm and climbs to 1000 mm.

I want to know what images would like ? Some say for one axis , lens do not focus the light . Is it correct ? In that axis of evil situation , what the images looks like ? Completely blurred or half bokeh , half visible image ?

What do I need to make all axises focus the image ?

Thank you,

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I will be very happy If somone shed some light on these may be silly questions.

Thank you,

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa, why don't you ever do anything? All you seem to do is propose experiments and ask others to perform them for you.

You've been talking about economizing on film by shooting with an 8mm camera that does single exposures. You thought you might get a Leicina. I've had an 8mm Leicina, wouldn't have another and wouldn't shoot tiny format to economize on film, but Leicinas work and what you've said you wanted to do is certainly possible. Have you bought a Leicina or other 8mm camera? If so, do you use it to take lots of tiny negatives?

Now you're talking about "put it in front of 8mm Film and take hundreds of pictures on one roll." No mention of shutter, keeping light away from the film, focusing, ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin