Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,164   Online: 783

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... but the phone number is "not currently accepting calls".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A good sign. At least it's not "This number is disconnected and no longer in service".

Try this email address.

Shi Kim <info@essexcamera.com>
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    My commiserations. It truly beggars belief if a company either out of business or still affected by the Hurrican Sandy to the extent that it cannot conduct its business cannot be bothered to place an announcement on its website. Anyway if it's not out of business it should be with this kind of customer care.

pentaxuser

Take it a little easy... it's not easy to run a business AND maintain a web page...
    I am a bit of a tech savy photog.. but web page issues are at the bottom of my list.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Essex did good work for me when I sent them work.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    Take it a little easy... it's not easy to run a business AND maintain a web page...
    I am a bit of a tech savy photog.. but web page issues are at the bottom of my list.
    I bow to your tolerance. How difficult is it to say on a website that customers shouldn't send in cameras for repair, given the problems that so doing creates issue for both the customer and the company. A small local society of which I am a member was able inform its members that a meeting was cancelled with about 24 hours notice. The website notice was handled by a relatively inexperienced volunteer. Is it any different to Amazon accepting business via its website and not being able deliver?

I appreciate that sometimes a small company selling many lines has difficulty in maintaining the exact stock position on every line but if your business is repairing cameras then after several months since Hurricane Sandy a simple message to the effect that you cannot accept repair until further notice should be possible, shouldn't it?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's quite a thread about it over on RFF. I read that the spare parts were flooded and ruined. Just what I read.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    There's quite a thread about it over on RFF. I read that the spare parts were flooded and ruined. Just what I read.
    They must be in avoidance and depression mode. I have been there...

OR they had some hipster web-dude do the page and don't have the passwords etc. I have been there too.
    From what I read... this web page is the least of their worries.
    Frankly right now if my building were to burn, I wouldn't know who to call to put up a new web message on my page in short order. And I know my passwords are "somewhere" but I don't have time to bother with finding them now.
    Last edited by vpwphoto; 02-21-2013 at 08:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... or just really busy trying to deal with things.

Shooter
    35mm
    When I started with Olympus, they had NO authorized service stations OR subcontractors. ANY work done by ANY outside shop was considered tampering. Then there was too much work coming in and we needed subcontractors. Essex was one of the first ones we visited and ended up hiring. They had their ups and downs but were quite good. I'm surprised they're out of business, but by coincidence I heard today that Olympus had let all of their subcontractors go, except one. John

Shooter
    Large Format
    So far as I know, Essex Camera Services is still inactive as of today, March 20, 2013.

Here’s how the problem outlined in post #1 was resolved. I sent my Koni-Omega 58/5.6 Wide Omegon lens with the sticky shutter and a Rolleicord with sticky shutter and a film wind-lock that frequently refused to unlock to Dave’s Camera Repair of Chelsea, Michigan.

This was sent by US Postal Service on the morning of Wednesday, March 13. On the afternoon of Thursday, March 14 Dave Easterwood called with the repair estimate. I posted the payment within an hour. On Tuesday, March 19 a UPS truck delivered a box to my home from Dave’s Camera Repair. Both the Koni-Omega lens and the Rolleicord were in the box restored to health.

Dave Easterwood used to live about 1.5 miles from me. I took cameras for service to his house in those days. Now he’s about 60 miles to the west in Chelsea, Michigan.

Dave’s Camera Repair
    77 Cambridge Court
    Chelsea, MI 48118
    (734)-433-2640

davescamera@earthlink.net

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin