Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,874   Online: 1079

Shooter
    35mm

Mamiya 645 super release contact problems

Have a strange problem whith mine. When i had connected a thread releaser to the side on this camera it sometimes trigger the shutter all by it self random, and i dont need to touch it.
    And only when the thread-releaser is there not just the adapter. Got two of these mamiya adapters, same problem. And shutter time is random, long or short regardless what the shutterspeed dial is set on.

Cuold it be static electricity?
    Anoys me to waste film! Anybody else have this problem?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That "thing" is just an electrical switch actuated by the plunger. Since you are getting the same problem with two of your "thingy", I'd guess there is a short just behind the connector in the camera body. The bare connection may be getting just so that occasionally they make contact, only when the plug is inserted.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks.I understand. Take it apart and do what? Il will get me another later body pro.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Only if you are comfortable taking camera body apart....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzy_j/...7623143778286/

It's not very hard. I've done it with my old Super. But, if you must ask "do what?" I'm not sure I'd recommend doing that. To me, it sounds like the connection between the pins and the wire may have come lose or frayed, and making connection from time to time.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Problem fixed!
    I took that small adapter apart not the camera.
    Cleaned out a little dirt and old dried-out grease from inside and did put some new grease in there.

Parts inside have a lot of play so it seems to be static electricity (or maybe leak current) problem to me, so i also added a little grease inside where plastic meets metal.
    Cold and very dry air at winter here in north of Sweden are causing small electric shocks every time i step out of my car and touch the metal door to close it, the colder the worse!

Im not unfamiliarly to take old cameras and lenses apart but best is to try an easy way first! Many thanks for that description anyway! Very good and useful!
    I read and understand english pretty well, but writing in english is a different story.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin