Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,652   Online: 749

Shooter
    Multi Format

Richter R-2 Reflex Auto-Collimator "Objective Lenses;" Where?

Good morning;

This seems like the best place on APUG I could find for this question:

Where can we find Lens Testing "Objective Lenses" for the Richter Cine Equipment Model R-2 Reflex Auto Collimator that goes onto the Richter Model B Optical Test Bench?

In my quest for a convenient way to test lenses, I have found and purchased a Richter R-2 Auto Collimator. It did come with the Objective Lenses for testing photographic lenses up to 127mm in focal length. The second one of the two that I have has an "Objective Lens" focal length of 254mm, and it is rated for testing lenses up to the previously mentioned 127mm photographic lens focal length. I have photographic lenses up to 1000mm to be tested.

So, I am looking for both a Richter Model 121 500mm focal length test objective lens, and a Richter Model 123 2000mm focal length test objective lens.

According to the copies of the Richter literature I have, each test objective lens can be used with photographic lens focal lengths from 10% to 50% of the test objective lens focal length. So, the 2000mm focal length test objective lens can be used for testing photographic lenses from 200mm to 1000mm in focal length.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any places where I can make inquiries about availability of these lens testing parts for the Richter R-2 Auto Collimator?
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Richter Cine Equipment Inc
    (518) 963-7080

347 Christian Rd

Essex, NY 12936

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, E. von Hoegh;

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, that is the same address and telephone number that is in the Richter literature that is here already. Even more unfortunately, the telephone number "has been disconnected and is no longer in service."

That is why I had asked on APUG, hoping that by reaching out to a much larger number of people, I might encounter someone who may actually know the Richter family or possibly may know of someone who might still have the objective lenses available. I did hear a rumor that Tom Richter's son might still have the equipment, and, hopefully, possibly even the drawings from which I could perhaps make up a substitute objective test lens, if I can get a copy.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    Good morning, E. von Hoegh;

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, that is the same address and telephone number that is in the Richter literature that is here already. Even more unfortunately, the telephone number "has been disconnected and is no longer in service."

That is why I had asked on APUG, hoping that by reaching out to a much larger number of people, I might encounter someone who may actually know the Richter family or possibly may know of someone who might still have the objective lenses available. I did hear a rumor that Tom Richter's son might still have the equipment, and, hopefully, possibly even the drawings from which I could perhaps make up a substitute objective test lens, if I can get a copy.
    It was Ken Richter. Let me see if I can find any info, I have some history with the company and live not far from Essex.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jesse Chambless (Chambless Cine Equipment) used to be a Richter dealer. Ask him.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin