Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,083   Online: 948

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3D Printer?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As Polyglot said you can print a "gun" in the US without needing to make a barrel or other metal parts. So if you are banned from buying a gun, it's still possible to buy all the firing parts and just make the receiver by way of a 3D printer or hammering some sheet metal.

I have seen articles on 3D printers that can print metal parts. I think they are stronger than the plastic parts, but not as strong as cast or forged. But I imagine they would be adequate for many camera related tasks. Basically metal power is applied in layers and a laser fuses powder where the part should be built up. A new layer is added and the process repeats. Very cool stuff.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You can see a picture of my 3D printer in my recent post about modifying my Beseler http://blog.rwhawkins.com/franken_beseler/
    Next up will be making some camera sliders, but maybe one day a big camera!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin