Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,764   Posts: 1,484,064   Online: 1193

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Super-8 Movie Projector made from Lego

http://www.peaceman.de/blog/index.ph...ovie-projector

At his site you find some other S-8 ideas, more useful than this...

I have to admit though, the omission of the filmgate and its effect in projection is intriguing.
    If only there would more steadiness...

I guess that would mean I'd have to enlarge the film gate of one of my projectors.
    Not sure about this yet.
    Last edited by AgX; 03-01-2013 at 04:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pretty darned awesome!

I'm guessing the images is about as steady as can be achieved with Legos but I wonder whether building a film gate into the projector would improve it. A pair of vertical guide wheels could reduce weave by constraining horizontal motion of the film. A film trap with tension bands could improve vertical steadiness by creating friction which would reduce the tendency for the film to overshoot or undershoot the projection aperture as each frame moves into position.

He did pretty well with the shutter. Hardly any flicker or ghosting. That might be hard to tell from looking at the video but, from what we see there, it's still pretty good.

A film gate could be created with a 3-D printer. Done carefully, it could snap right in.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin