Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,330   Online: 785

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks guys. Can't wait to shoot some film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beautiful, Jim! I'm looking forward to to reading through your construction thread.
    Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If anyone has questions you can ask. I basically find a camera design I like and have at it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I basically find a camera design I like and have at it.
    That's more or less what I do. I make one part then make the next part to fit. I don't usually draw any plans until it is finished.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bravo, Jim...would love to see it someday soon! You are awesome in so many ways...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm more like Steve, I start out with one design and then find a nicer solution and before you know it I'm redesigning it again. I see it as a design / build process that sometimes inverts into a build / design process. My project is an 11x14 with film holders. I know what you're thinking, did I cut once or twice. Well in all this confusion I lost count. But I feel lucky! Like Jim I have Rosewood for my project. One plank here and a half dozen due in today. I agree with Jim that stainless steel looks great on rosewood. The jewelry makes it pop like trim on windows. The bellow looks great, but the money shot is missing. The rear view, back, picture. Did it come in under or over weight for its class? It looks great Jim!

14 x 36 in (flat) next?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Paul and Curt, thanks. When you build cameras you sometimes make some parts over again.... at least I have in the past and did so with this one. I came in overweight I feel. It is 10lbs. My Seneca Improved is 10.8! Wow! I'm underweight by 1/2 a pound1 Cool!

Now I do have a 16x20 bellows that I could do something with????

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Carbon fiber and titanium! Light and right. Light tripod too.

The rosewood came as expected! I'm thinking guitar finish. French polish followed by dry shellac followed by buffing and polishing.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Curt, French polish is what I did and it is like a mirror finish. I'll use more Rosewood on the next camera!

I guess it would be nice to learn how to work carbon fiber and titanium!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The carbon and titanium is out of the question unless we get access to a commercial lab! But like you I make my space like a commercial lab. Mine is a cluttered shop and yours is a hallway. At least yours is clean!

Your finishes are silky smooth, the pressure is on me now. Roger, started on that 7x11 yet? Next thing you know it'll be Fall again! .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin