Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,513   Posts: 1,543,585   Online: 1139

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stormy_weather View Post
    Keep in mind that the the cocking lever does two things, it transports the film and cocks the shutter. If you modified the film transport to stop at a shorter length of film, you would end with a half cocked shutter. So this is nothing that can be done without a change of the gears, so cannot be done by us tinkerers, I believe.

Regards,

Sven
    And you wouldn't want to go off half cocked
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    The most sensible suggestion that comes to my mind is buy a TLR and forget about modifying a 35mm camera with all its inherent limitiations of resolution. A 6x6 negative would be getting close to 360% larger than 35mm and packing a substantial amount more detail in your photos.

A few Canon SLRs have IR/LED sprocket counters linked to drive, shutter, mirror and computers. I wouldn't dream at all of tinkering with these. Back to the suggestion of a basic 6x6 to play with.
    +1

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes I agree with simply just buying a 6x6 camera. I am wondering if the new advanced model like the Nikon F5, F6 can be done by simply changing the firmware? These cameras have separate shutter cocking motor and film advance motor.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    See post #2. But how much would one gain by doing so? I think the aspect of saving film is neglectable.
    Last edited by AgX; 03-10-2013 at 12:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i'd Just mask the finder and the film gate of a 35mm camera.
    If you want a real project, try converting a (the only) 126 Instamatic SLR to use 35mm film. That way you will have the correct lenses for the format.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin