Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,254   Online: 1001

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta XE-7 Light Meter Problem Solved

Thought I would share... I fixed my XE-7's light meter and took some pics of my donor camera that I was learning on. I'll fix that one later on as well. Here's the link to the step-wise process and a few photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/6492611...7632989580298/ Be sure to read both the main set instructions and the notes under the images. Thanks and I hope this helps someone with an XE-7. I looked and looked, but couldn't find anything, so I dug into a used one from thrift shop before fixing mine.

Craig

Shooter
    35mm
    I rescued my cameras as well from Goodwill, and the money spent was like my tithe with a return LOL. I too love Minolta's. I think they get the respect they deserve... by those that know about them. The more popular brands are Nikon and Canon only because of advertising and market share in the time Minolta was producing cameras. However, Minolta was cutting edge... "From the Mind of Minolta," and a real threat to both Nikon and Canon... so there was a campaign to shut Minolta out of the market IMHO. Most of what Minolta brought to market before the other mfg's was later adopted by Nikon and Canon into their designs, but they were a couple of years behind them, and relied on their own name recognition and sheer number of sales to give them time to catch up with Minolta. What turned me on to Minolta and the Rokkor lenses is the web site, The Rokkor Files.http://www.rokkorfiles.com/

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks for doing this. The meter in my xe7 jumps, I now have the confidence to go in and clean the contacts.
    Wish me luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice instruction set. Thanks for sharing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin