Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,488   Online: 942

Shooter
    Medium Format

Lens repair Carl Zeiss Jena 28-85 II / 4-5

Hello, A friend gave me a 28-85 Jena II /4-5 lens. I have repaired many lenses. Starting at 80mm down to wide angle focusing changes and loses sharpness at infinity in great extent. I dismounted the all the (3-4) back elements. There might be something wrong about the elements. So I need the lens scheme. I whish there is somebody to help me. Thanks, Erhan

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am not aware of Carl Zeiss Jena ever making a zoom lens of that focal range.

However there are such Carl Zeiss zoom lenses (Vario-Sonnar 28-85mm). Be aware of the existence of two different Zeiss companies in both parts of Germany.

There are parfocal zoom lenses that keep focus during zooming once focused correctly.

The early zoom lenses were built up to the varifocal principle and do not keep focus.

May that be the reason?
    Last edited by AgX; 03-20-2013 at 07:56 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It might be one of the Japanese made CZJ. Can't remember who made them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With many zooms there are adjustments for tele and wide.
    Usually one is at the lens mount and can be a simple twist mount. Usually locked in place with a couple of set screws. Others may use shims.
    The front can be as simple as adjusting the front element/group.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin