Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,468   Online: 865

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    The SFH300 phototransistor will work just fine - I used one for a shutter tester wired up to a parallel port without any problems.

Excellent news, thank-you. I just bought one.

But I wired up the circuit and can't get anything out of it. Don't know how to debug it but I'll try again later. At least i know all the parts are now correct.

The original suggested using a laser pen to shine through the lens. I'm using a Bowens flood light. Will it still work?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Try reversing the connections to the phototransistor - Chances are, you have wired it up round the wrong way.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I bought a multimeter and found a dodgy connection – inside maplin's battery holder!

The new phototransistor didn't work but an old one I had was perfect.

I have measured the various shutter speeds of my camera. Have to say they are pretty much spot on at least within the limits of the measuring system.

Just from random samples – 1/41, 1/59 and 1/111 (for 18, 25 and 54 fps). Pretty close to the spec.

That's a good result. Thank-you for all your comments and help. Back to film tests with confidence in the camera system!

Shooter
    35mm
    I need a responsive phototransistor as I don't use audio recording software but rather a digital storage oscilloscope to view the signal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin