Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,726   Posts: 1,515,059   Online: 1102

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can also just find some old 116 or 616 film, and some (old or new) bulk 70mm film, and roll a chunk of 70 into the backing paper of the old 116 or 616, and get all of that wonderful huge negative in your pocket! Repeat until your paper disintegrates, should take a long time.

--nosmok

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nosmok View Post
    You can also just find some old 116 or 616 film, and some (old or new) bulk 70mm film, and roll a chunk of 70 into the backing paper of the old 116 or 616, and get all of that wonderful huge negative in your pocket! Repeat until your paper disintegrates, should take a long time.

--nosmok
    Yeah, that reminds me of conversations on this topic about 15 years ago. Tell you the truth, the conversion is easier, the film better what with what we have now and the reels have a wider spool diameter. You also don't have to buy 70mm tanks and you can shoot color and send it out.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Tomorrow I'm 3D printing some "end caps" I modeled in Google SketchUp. They will snap on to the ends of 120 roll film and then (hopefully) slide into the cameras - I'm doing a set for a 122 format camera and a set for 130 format. To convert the film gate I just cut some aluminum flashing with a box cutter, sanded it smooth, painted it with cheap flat black spray paint. I'll glue the strips into place with some superglue type stuff.

If it works, I'll do up a little tutorial. If it doesn't I'll hang my head in shame and drift away :-)

Any comments/suggestions etc are more than welcome!

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Monahan View Post
    Tomorrow I'm 3D printing some "end caps" I modeled in Google SketchUp. They will snap on to the ends of 120 roll film and then (hopefully) slide into the cameras - I'm doing a set for a 122 format camera and a set for 130 format. To convert the film gate I just cut some aluminum flashing with a box cutter, sanded it smooth, painted it with cheap flat black spray paint. I'll glue the strips into place with some superglue type stuff.

If it works, I'll do up a little tutorial. If it doesn't I'll hang my head in shame and drift away :-)

Any comments/suggestions etc are more than welcome!

Joe
    I would love to be able to use my old Kodak Folding Brownie 3A. It uses 122 film, I have a few rolls (6) but it is such a PITA to develop that I just don't use the camera. If your "end caps" work out let me know.

m
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Why not convert the 122 to like a 4x5 back? Would that be more practical?

How do you develop it? Is there an old SS reel you have to scrounge for?

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin