Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,675   Online: 808

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

DIY Lens with Dichromated gelatin or photopolymer relief after exposing with mask

I read that chinese scientists defends to produce micro lenses with exposing dichromated gelatin and make an positive or negative element .

What could be the limit at thickness , relief height or depth and total diameter ?

Its possible to produce free form and non spherical ones also and as Hexavalent reported , it would be possible to add alum and make hard rock pieces.

This is very interesting because wide angle domes or cylindrical lenses are veryt possible to be produced.

I am thinking loud , we can pour gelatin to glass box and expose from two sides

I need to know the dimensional limits of these parts as I asked above.

I think photopolymers could use a mask than appear a relief and clean with a solvent.

I think acrylics are very suitable to uv exposure and a photomask

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul

Shooter
    35mm
    Microlens arrays are commonly made by photolithographic techniques. Please keep us informed of the results of your experiments.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin