Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,141   Online: 894

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Help repair Olympus 55mm f1.2

Hello.
    Picked up an Olympus Zuiko 55mm f1.2 in poor shape
    Fortunately, the glass only needed a good cleaning. A few very minor blemishes left but very minor.

OK, 2nd problem, the focus ring is not linked to the mechanism. It rotates freely and the lens doesn't focus at all.
    I removed the rear mount, hoping I could take the focus ring off and get a look at the problem.
    But I still cannot remove the focus ring and now I am not sure if I can remove it at all by going in through the back.

Does someone have a diagram or instructions on dissembling this lens?
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,

maybe this link helps You, http://olympus.dementix.org/Hardware/olympus_hw.html

Best regards
    Esko

Shooter
    127 Format
    Typically OM lenses have set screws under the rubber grip. Carefully remove the grip and don't stretch it or you will be very sad.

The set screws can be tightened once you set the ring correctly and then a drop of nail polish or lacquer will keep them from moving. Some new adhesive will retain the grip. I have used many rubber bands to hold a grip tight while the adhesive sets.

Such a nice lens might deserve a trip to our favorite OM expert or other pro.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have the rubber grip off. The focussing ring is missing one of the three set screws.
    It appears I can tighten the two, but after doing so, I cannot move focus either.
    (i cant move make it actually focus at all.. maybe the focusing is seized up)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suggest you take it to a professional, it would be a shame to destroy such a fine lens.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    At this point in time it looks like it will cost me too much to have it repaired.
    I will probably put it up for sale.
    Oh well, you win some, you loose some.

Shooter
    35mm
    Find a third setscrew, and try that before selling. They will need to be all 3 tightened equally or the helicoid will bind.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin