Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,850   Online: 945

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    But I don't build model aeroplanes (to use the correct English word!)

I consider the half finished stuff to be practice and learning!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve, I found the back via Flickr not sure how to get to the complete set again. I liked the aluminium construction of the film holder part.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That looks good. Here is a link to the photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adbieber/6986561380/

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I have reams of diagrams, thoughts, designs etc. Got to pull my finger out and get to building!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    I have reams of diagrams, thoughts, designs etc.
    Every piece of paper within an arm's reach on my desk at work has ideas and drawings scribbled all over it!

Steve.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Well, I've sourced the rack'n'pinions. That was a bit of a sticking point.

Now just have to get a 15amp power point/socket/outlet I stalled for my new table saw and a router to go on to my new router table and I'll get into it.

Oh, and work out how to anodise aluminium.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Back on topic, however; I was wondering if you could comment on a change in design I've made halfway through this:

I've decided that geared front focus is a bit of a waste. I've decided to have a manually sliding front. Similar in principle to the Chamonix-styled rip off design, but infinitely positionable via a slide (not pre drilled holes). I have an idea on how to lock this off as well.

I figured that I've never used both front and rear to focus, and being 8x10 the draw will be possibly too long to reach the front with long FL lenses. So, why not have a system where you roughly position the front and use geared focus on the rear?

Your thoughts?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, I've sourced the rack'n'pinions. That was a bit of a sticking point.
    Where are you getting yours from?

I'm making my own rack with work's CNC router (which cuts all the wood for me too!) and I am using Mod 0.8/32 pitch pinions from model racing cars.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I figured that I've never used both front and rear to focus, and being 8x10 the draw will be possibly too long to reach the front with long FL lenses. So, why not have a system where you roughly position the front and use geared focus on the rear?
    Sounds workable to me.

Have you seen Jim Fitzgerald's Chamonix style 8x10 on the LF forum? http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ra-build/page5

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by HTF III View Post
    Finish what you started. No excuses. Then move on to the next. Rule 1 in model airplane building. Or else you end up with a houseful of 1/2 built airplanes cluttering up the place. For the good or bad of it, you HAVE to finish it.
    I once worked on a single airplane for 9 years. Fortunately, it wasn't mine and I was getting paid pretty well. Wasn't a model, either.

When I was building radio gear, I learned to build a rough draft, debug it, then build the finished version.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin