Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,648   Online: 1145

Shooter
    35mm RF

Camera coverings

Some of the edges on my older cameras are lifting. Some only 1/8"-3/16" is there a way to cleanly repair such faults?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Careful cleaning and a contact/impact adhesive, like Evostick orr Pliobond (US), apply withsomething like a tooth pick.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I usually do exactly what Ian said, with plibond. I have also removed a few coverings from a number of cameras, and with the later models, especially if the covering is a vinyl type, they seem to come with double stick tape. I tried it once with store bought double stick tape, but it didnt last long, and was prone to movement if warmed up. Seems like the factory stuff is formulated stronger. I also thought about double stick carpet tape, but I have a roll and its way to thick, and I dont think its really removable so I didnt use it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin