Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,526   Online: 1021

Shooter
    Multi Format

Yashicamat 124G light meter switch repair

I have a new-to-me Yashicamat 124G with kind of sort of functioning light meter.

I need to clean the switch contact that is activated with I flip open the WLF. I see 4 small phillips head screws around WLF. Are these what I remove to get to it? Anyone have a service manual and willing to share??

Thanks!
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually, found the answer. Never mind....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Actually, found the answer. Never mind....
    I was looking through some old bookmarks I had here, but didn't find one addressing the switch. Since I have a 124G with similar erratic meter behavior, I wouldn't mind a link to what you found (assuming it's online).

Thanks in advance,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dave,

I'd love to share it but it's a copy righted material. Let me ask the copyright owner first. Alternatively, I'd be glad to take some snap shots of my dis-assembly process and share THAT with you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah! No, don't violate any protocols, I thought maybe you had found something on line. A shot or two of the nitty gritty elements would be appreciated. If you're like me you might take step-by-step pictures anyway so it can go back together without too many leftover pieces! Having tinkered personally and professionally with mechanical/electrical gizmos, I can probably sort it out enough for my purposes, but in my old age I've begun to admit less need to re-invent any wheels!

For what it's worth, here's a couple of (possibly) useful links:

One guy's take on the 124 non-G
    Somebody's light seal repair
    Some bits on its earlier sibling

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin