Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,498   Online: 1096

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bellows repair

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used a repair tape from a haberdashers (fabric/dress making shop) designed to do invisible repairs dark suits. Very thin like the 3M tape Maris mentions but the company who supplied it in Holland has ceased trading. It was light-tight and very thin with an excellen adhesive, I used sonme to repair the bellows on a Speed Graphic and patched them on the inside as well as the outside, no noticeable affects on bellows compression etc and virtually un-noticeable. It may of course have bee re-packaeged 3M tape.

Vallo, I just remembered getting some bellows (3 sets) in a box of parts from Paris, they may be too large but I'll double check later as one set is smaller than the others.

What country are you based in ?

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am located in Estonia.
    I'll also call up 3M distributor in Estonia and ask about the tape. I might need it for future uses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The bellows are in excellent condition but they have been on a camera before so the two ends need tidying, rear inside is 9x12cm, front 7.5x9cm. My guess is they were used on a Quarter plate Speed Graphic. They compress to about 2.5cm and extend to about 25cm. I'd keep them as they are very nicely made but they won't fit any of my projects.

Let me know if they are any use to you, price would be reasonable, otherwise I'll sell them on Ebay.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I can fit them in the camera, PMed you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin