Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,202   Online: 870

Shooter
    Large Format

Nikon F strap eyelet replacements?

Does anybody know where to find new strap eyelets, or lugs, or whatever they're called? Or does anybody know if ones off a Nikkormat can be salvaged to put on a Nikon F? Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    You can buy some strap lugs off eBay. I doubt they'll be the same, but you can find many different varieties there.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you, but I don't mean the strap rings. I mean the eyelet posts that protrude from the camera itself. They get wormed out and thin and prone to break.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    pretty sure that's a repair a tech has to do -- unless they just unscrew -- you could try and see, I guess. Or find a repair manual somewhere.

If they do, no doubt nikon has them in stock at the usual nominal price...

Shooter
    Large Format
    It's some amount of disassembly to replace them, but I've done it before.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Thank you, but I don't mean the strap rings. I mean the eyelet posts that protrude from the camera itself. They get wormed out and thin and prone to break.
    "Strap Lugs". You can reinforce then by turning a steel sleeve and brazing it in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Strap lugs on the Nikon F are bolted on from behind, and the nut is sealed on with a silicon sealant.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    "Strap Lugs". You can reinforce then by turning a steel sleeve and brazing it in.
    Or, not as rugged. Brass tubing from your local hobby emporium if you don't have access to a lathe.

If you can find 'em on the bay, the later ones had steel inserts and didn't wear.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin