Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,383   Online: 764

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Folder camera repair

In another post I was asking about folder 120 cameras and today I found one at the back of a cupboard, which I think someone gave me some years ago. It is a Royal made in Germany and the lens is a 1:3.5 /7.5cm Enna Werk Munchen Ennagon. The lens looks in surprisingly good condition, but can’t see any evidence of an iris diaphragm opening and closing when I move the aperture lever. The coupled rangefinder seems to work and it has a lever wind which I think is also supposed to cock the shutter. However, the shutter does not work and also I can’t seem to get the empty spool out the back.

Any advice on repair please? Could I attempt this myself?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Open the back of the camera and look, the iris is behind the shutter. Is there a cocking lever on the shutter itself? You will have to pull either a knob on the camera bottom or the wind knob to remove the spool. Could you post pix of the camera.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Open the back of the camera and look, the iris is behind the shutter. Is there a cocking lever on the shutter itself? You will have to pull either a knob on the camera bottom or the wind knob to remove the spool. Could you post pix of the camera.
    Thanks Rick, you are quite right and I did look there initially, but missed it. Aperture working fine.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin