Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,148   Online: 831

Shooter
    35mm RF

Rangefinder adjust in the Vitessa T

I did a bit of googling but only found some pictures showing the rf adjust for the Vitessa N. Is this applicable to the Vitessa T or is there another way?
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What did you find -- access points underneath the accessory shoe? My guess is that it's the same for the T. In any event, you can remove the shoe easily enough to see what's there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would be very interested to get links showing an effective procedure to adjust the rangefinder of my Vitessa L.. This camera is a real jewel and I would not like to butcher it!
    "The problem with photography is that it only deals with appearances." Duane Michals

"A photograph is a secret of a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    I would be very interested to get links showing an effective procedure to adjust the rangefinder of my Vitessa L.. This camera is a real jewel and I would not like to butcher it!
    I've heard that rf adjustment is a horror show, involving removal of the top cover, trying something, reinstalling the top cover to see if you've made things better or worse, then repeat.... Presumably the assembly line had a jig to accomplish the adjustment. Have you gotten any estimates for the work? The Vitessa L is indeed a jewel.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Merritt View Post
    What did you find -- access points underneath the accessory shoe? My guess is that it's the same for the T. In any event, you can remove the shoe easily enough to see what's there.
    No access below the shoe. The site I saw had the top removed. The T does however have a plate that is surrounded by the plunger and ends under the shoe. I have not attempted to lift it though..
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I removed the shoe so I could remove the plate as seen in the image. The hole on the left has a square nut. Can anybody confirm whether or not this is the rangefinder horizontal adjustment? It does move when racking the focus back and forth.. There is no adjustment screw/etc in the right side hole but the part visible also moves..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rf_adjust.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	72249
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quite by accident I ran across this http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/vitessarf.html It might be helpful, although the site confirms my earlier impression of the adjustment as a horror show. Please share your impressions of working on the L after the tranquilizers kick in.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin