Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,972   Posts: 1,523,589   Online: 921

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

what glue to use attaching new wrapper for bellows

I'm restoring a Kodak #2 folder with the outer layer of the bellows is shot but the inner liner is good. I'm looking at gluing a new outer layer of rip stop nylon over the inner liner but I don't know which glue/adhesive to use that is available here in Canada. I would prefer not to spend a whole lot on this project. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Doug

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    http://www.dap.com/product_details.a...=48&SubcatID=8 a quart is around $16 here in the U.S.
    I use this contact cement for a verity of camera repairs including adding a light tight lining to bellows. I apply the cement to the main piece then put the secondary piece in place. When doing bellows I smooth out any air pockets and let them dry for a day or two then refold.
    Advantages- excess will rub off easily if on one surface only once dry. Cleans up with water when wet.
    Disadvantage- you may never be able to get the items separated again after two or three weeks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe hide glue, very strong, reversible.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin