Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,448   Online: 863

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by VPooler View Post
    You have succesfuly inspired me to build a proper wide angle for my soon-to-be 4x5. I am going for the rapid-rectilinear design, perhaps 75mm focal length and make it fit some Copal for aperture control and proper shuttering :P
    But kudos to you for making probably the world's cheapest 4x5 setup if not including various pinholes.
    Awesome its more fun making your own lenses, also check out a double gauss lens as well, I will also report back on how the larger macro close up lenses are compared to the smaller ones I have currently used - might find that the larger lenses are good for a ULF camera in the future due to the larger image circle.

Wait until you see the lens I currently have parts arriving for next though, might actually need to add a support for it lol :P

With regards to the cheapness of this camera, its a light tight box with a lens at one end and some film/recording medium at another, it only gets expensive when you start correcting optical imperfections which I sometimes find more clinical when the lens is free of all optical issues. I wanted to start this project to show everyone that you don't need to spend big money to get a big negative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I dug out my 58mm closeup lenses and experimented today, that was fun; also messed around with the box full of odd lenses I have.
    I like the rapid rectilinear for its perspective - I have never fancied fisheye-type wide angles. I have longer focal lengths covered; two 135mm lenses (one is plasmat I think and the other a Cooke triplet) and one symmetrical 150mm process lens (a supersharp one!) but I want something cheap and dirty for the rare occasions I'll be needing a wider angle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by VPooler View Post
    I dug out my 58mm closeup lenses and experimented today, that was fun; also messed around with the box full of odd lenses I have.
    I like the rapid rectilinear for its perspective - I have never fancied fisheye-type wide angles. I have longer focal lengths covered; two 135mm lenses (one is plasmat I think and the other a Cooke triplet) and one symmetrical 150mm process lens (a supersharp one!) but I want something cheap and dirty for the rare occasions I'll be needing a wider angle.
    You already have some nice LF lenses especially the Cooke triplet, I have a 1913 Ziess London lens (back when they didn't worry about the cost of materials or labour) I just like the fact that the imperfections of the non corrected lenses add something. Unless you can get an Aero Ektar its quite difficult to get a fast LF lens, although I am going to be building a 150mm f1.4 lens lol getting a wide fast LF lens is either impossible or very expensive, the 71mm lens will be f0.85 so that should do me for the amount of light I need lol :P

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin