Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,957   Online: 756

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hold on. There might be nothing wrong with it. Although wherever electrolytics are, I summarily replace them.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I work with large format cameras. I use to repair stereo, TV, and related electronics.
    Small and miniature DC motors are in use in many applications. The ratings should be printed on the motor, voltage, current, RPM and your neighbor should be able to help you pick one that will work if you need a new one.
    Use your search engine of choice and search for miniature DC motor or small DC motor, the results will be much different from what I get as we are half the world away from each other.
    Then search for electronic components to find replacements for bad ones. There may be a store near you. Some of the biggest electronics manufactures are in Europe.

I was given a Keystone K430. Has no batteries and I do not know what batteries go in it. Want it cheap?
    Last edited by shutterfinger; 08-18-2013 at 04:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My thought is that since this is a Leica, the components would be of very high quality. The only transistor(s) needed would be in the exposure circuit. In my Super8 Bolex the meter circuit is powered by mercury batteries, while the motor circuit is powered by 4 AA batteries. Your camera might have the same kind of division between the light-duty exposure circuit and the heavy-duty motor and shutter circuit.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Tom , Shutterfinger , Bill,

I contacted with seller , a shop from Holland and he said to me lens is perfect and there is no dent , spill , bump , scratch on the body. He says there would not be any problem but camera is not tested.

I contacted with Leica Germany and waiting a CLA quote.

I think I got it about micromotors. There is a Leica distribütör and their repair person here , now I will write him. At least he can find the schematics and Leica advise.

Bill , as Bolex it is. There is two sections , one with mercury battery , one with 4 AA batteries. I will report back with the replies since all Google read this.

Thank you,
    Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa, you bought in ignorance and you worry in ignorance. You didn't know enough what you were buying, you didn't even know whether it could do what you need (why else ask whether it will shoot single frame?) and you can't know whether it operates at all until you have it in hand. Take a long walk and a cold shower and stop worrying about what may not be.

8/8 Leicinas' weak point is the battery box; connecting the batteries to each other and to the camera is a problem that can be solved.

Don't panic. Take a long walk and a cold shower.

Bill, Leitz took a long long time to accept that electricity could be used in photographic equipment. As far as I know the 8/8 Leicina was the first Leica that had any electric apparatus of any kind built into it; it gives the impression of having been designed around a spring-powered ("clockwork") motor and then reluctantly and badly converted to electric drive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The motor may be bad, but it's more likely your problem lies in the other electronic components. First I would check the wiring. After that, the capacitors mentioned are probably the most likely problem, so I would start there before worrying about transistors, then resistors, etc. The motor would probably be the last thing I checked. You can also test the motor by carefully applying a (low) voltage.

Most components on the board can be replaced by someone with skill. If a part no longer exists, something surely can be substituted, though fitting it all in the casing may present a problem.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Truzi, the camera in question is not in the OP's possession. It is in transit. He doesn't know whether it has any problems. He is trying to solve problems it might have in advance of knowing whether they exist. There's no point trying to help him or speculating about what problems he might have to solve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oops, I've responded without reading thoroughly. That annoys me when others do it. Sorry.
    Truzi

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    My thought is that since this is a Leica, the components would be of very high quality. The only transistor(s) needed would be in the exposure circuit. In my Super8 Bolex the meter circuit is powered by mercury batteries, while the motor circuit is powered by 4 AA batteries. Your camera might have the same kind of division between the light-duty exposure circuit and the heavy-duty motor and shutter circuit.
    Such design was typical for the early Super/Single-8 cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Such design was typical for the early Super/Single-8 cameras.
    No, five AA batteries supply both the transport and meter in the Leicina.

Non-working Leicina is the last camera one would want for single frame shooting. That camera has extensive electronics. Even electrical contacts between the lens and body. I'd suggest one of the many totally mechanical spring-wound Bolex Regular-8 cameras for your project.

This schematic for the external controller and instructions how to open the camera up, may be of help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leicina_st1_manual_ai.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	73175
    Last edited by ic-racer; 08-18-2013 at 08:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin