Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,916   Online: 850

Shooter
    Large Format

More Questions about the Korona 8x10

So, I have bitten the bullet and am just rolling with the Korona 8x10 Camera (previously posted about) and it seems to be rolling smoothly. I do have a couple of questions for the APUG-sphere. Does anyone know where (except ebay) I might be able to score a pair of the clips that sit on the top of the rear standard and hold the back onto the camera? Speaking of backs - does anyone know if a Deardorff 8x10 back is interchangeable with the Korona 8x10 back? I've read A LOT on line about how the two were/are pretty similar in specs.

Any thoughts?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have a Deardorff back, I'd be happy to take any measurements you may need.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Rorye! Thanks for your generous help! Could you send me the basic measurements (width/height) and also the distance between the pegs on the sides of the back? I am almost completely convinced that my back is a deardoff that has been *cough cough* altered to fit the Korona.

Thanks again for your help!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    There are some pictures of early Korona cameras here: http://piercevaubel.com/cam/gund.htm
    One Korona appears to have the back frame attached via screws through the side if the rear standard and others via spring plates at the top. The spring plates appear to be nickel plated brass. The brass is .025 to .05 thick, easy to get, so one could make some clips easily.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    No problem, I'll swing by my storage unit in the morning and take the measurements

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    OK, it looks like the back is 12" x 12".
    The pins are 3/4" in from the edge of the back with a distance of 10 3/8" between them.
    I have digi snaps of the back if you need them.
    R

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an 8x10 Korona view and can take pictures and measurements of the clips and back also if needed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin