Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,521   Online: 1028

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Dye Transfer Low Contrast Separations and thinking on Leica Lens Design Paper

I learned that additional unsharp low contrast separations used at dye transfer print technology to increase the edge effects and sharpness.
    I found an paper at chinese websites about analysis of elcan archive summicron 35 drawings and above technology sparked my imagination.
    The most fundemental thing about summicron , that it is symmetrical design. When light entrance side lens elements is put like (((((( , after the aperture all lenses turn to )))))) side.

And most importantly , when you analysis one side with computer , some aberrations - means unsharpness is very high.
    At the other side , the high aberrations turns to negative and compensate the first.

Other thing I learned from the dye transfer , when the separations made with RGB , unsharp low contrast separations made with free selected color filters.

I think Leica secret is the high aberrations in the lens elements and their compensation and the colors used to calculate the characters of high aberration low contrast unsharp masking lens elements.

Wow !

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I learned that additional unsharp low contrast separations used at dye transfer print technology to increase the edge effects and sharpness.
    I found an paper at chinese websites about analysis of elcan archive summicron 35 drawings and above technology sparked my imagination.
    The most fundemental thing about summicron , that it is symmetrical design. When light entrance side lens elements is put like (((((( , after the aperture all lenses turn to )))))) side.

And most importantly , when you analysis one side with computer , some aberrations - means unsharpness is very high.
    At the other side , the high aberrations turns to negative and compensate the first.

Other thing I learned from the dye transfer , when the separations made with RGB , unsharp low contrast separations made with free selected color filters.

I think Leica secret is the high aberrations in the lens elements and their compensation and the colors used to calculate the characters of high aberration low contrast unsharp masking lens elements.

Wow !

Umut
    Which "secret" has been used on all symmetrical lens designs since the 1860s.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin