Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,844   Online: 953

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Help needed to write an software to simulate aberrations on image

Hello there ,

I found that high aberrations of one of a lens elements at a objective could help the edge effect.
    I need a diy software to play with high aberrations plus their compensation at other lens elements to see this effect on images.

I need your help. I only attented to basic programming course 27 years ago and I dont have any idea to write a software today.

I need everyones contribution , I know matlab can do something but I dont have that software.

I have windows 8 on intel 64 bit.

Where to start , how to write a program runs everyones windows computer ?

Do I need to write everything or is there ready code pieces. I really dont have any idea and internet is too tightly crowded.

Umut

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I remember correctly Rodenstock's parent company had a lens design software on their website and it was for free. You could write the software in the language you learned 27 years ago. On the MS website you can download Visual++ and other free programming software they also have a help menue. good luck
    Dominik

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Dominik and all ,

Is visual ++ related to c ++ , they have same pluses on their names ? I am sorry , I am bit confused from these software sites. And do basic software capable of this purpose ? I dont have any idea how to make a program code to be installed as all other softwares. How to do it ? Is any one who downloaded my software are needed to install visual basic from microsoft later ?

Thank you,
    Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 08-28-2013 at 07:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A quick google turned up:
    ZEMAX® lens design program, the one used in this book [Practical Computer-Aided Lens Design by Gregory Hallock Smith], is available for sale from Focus Software at www.focus-software.com.
    CODE V® lens design program is available for lease from Optical Research Associates at www.opticalres.com.
    OSLO LT® is available at www.sinopt.com as a free download (4MB) and is full-featured except that it limits the user to 10 surfaces.
    SYNOPSYS® lens design program (SYNthesis of OPtical SYStems) is a powerful Windows lens design program with a downloadable trial version available at www.gwi.net/osd
    dbOptic: Optical Design for Personal Computers

Powerful, easy to use optical design software from Sky Scientific. From a single lens or mirror to complex systems with up to 99 surfaces, engineering professionals, students and educators use this software to perform simple ray tracing or solve tough optical engineering, optical system design and imaging problems. dbOptic includes a fully integrated glass catalog and basic lens design library.
    Looks like there are plenty of packages available, a few may do what you're looking for without getting in to software design.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Paul ,

I dont want and need to analysis the lens design or I dont want to design a lens.
    But I want to synthesis the lens design softwares results on images.
    I want to play with images and aberrations not lens elements.

Top two softwares are for professional lens designers and extremelly expensive. Oslo is free but very limited. And synopsys is the hardest to use software in the world.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you're looking at seeing how changes in lens design affects an image, perhaps a GIMP plugin may be the way to go - There are a number of plugins for chromatic aberration and lens distortion available, perhaps one of these would provide a starting point.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Paul ,

Yes , its an excellent idea , I liked a lot. I forgot GIMP completely.

Thank you very much indeed.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm
    Better give up. Software may correct for distortion and lateral chromatic aberration. An optical package (e.g. Zemax, Code V) will generate ray tracing and spot diagram, but I can't see how this will help you correct the image from bad lens.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I am after how multiple aberrations works.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Visual is Visual Basic and has as far as I know little to do with C or C++ but I could be wrong. For images a Java App might be useful

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin