Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,421   Online: 939

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder if, like men with big cars, men with big cameras and big lenses, are subconsciously compensating for something...

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I've heard stories that the baby Yashica's were particularly popular with women, due to their smaller size. To exploit the market further the 44a produced in a range of colours (as were the vanity kodak VP's of the 1920's). They're nice camera's to handle reguardless - I've got huge hands, but the 44a is one of my favourites.

Small and pretty colours seems to be as deep in to the female psyche as as designers get!

My girlfriend is particularly fond of her Pentax A110 for her personal work, so small and cute does count for something. On the other hand she's also got barbie camera (a pink 110 of very dubious quality), which has a matching version for barbie! I think that definatly counts as a camera targeted at the female market ;-)

Ian

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    I wonder if, like men with big cars, men with big cameras and big lenses, are subconsciously compensating for something...
    My girlfriend occasionally works with another female photographer. The other photographer uses a Nikon 300mm f/2.8 lens - what's SHE compensating for...

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    'On the other hand she's also got barbie camera (a pink 110 of very dubious quality), which has a matching version for barbie!'

Ask her if she'll trade for a lumpish Rolleiflex SL 66SE. If necessary I'll throw up, I mean in, my Barry Manilow LPs.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Compensating? Who's compensating?

(That's Elsa Dorfman. http://elsa.photo.net )
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm

It s coming out time

I went to my closet and brought out my pink Miranda. Helen, we both feel much better now.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    ...and don't forget that the best little camera in the "plastic toy" division is still the Diana!!!! Heck, I bet the Holga could be classified as female too!!!

S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmmm. I wonder if Elsa Dorfman uses that beast handheld (?). As I get older and my eyesight gets worse, I seem to be drifting towards bigger cameras. Maybe I am compensating for something(?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Personally I feel almost all cameras are designed for "little people" (gender non-specific). The only camera in my collection that feels comfortable in my hands is my RB67.

Sometimes the only thing we're compensating for is having big hands.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Images
    My little CL certainly wasn't designed for the two hams at the ends of my arms.
    Nothing like hefting my Nikon F Photomic.
    "Manly, Yes. But _she_ likes it too. "
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin