Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,517   Posts: 1,645,480   Online: 1232

Shooter
    35mm

Polaroid EE100 Special shutter problems - fixable?

I have two Polaroid EE100 Special cameras and they both have the same problem. Shutter doesn't trip 99% of the time. Sometimes when I take the batteries out and put them back in, the shutter will fire 4 or 5 times. But after that, it'll stop working again.

I'm using fresh batteries and the contacts are clean. I just don't get why the shutter acts like this on both of my cameras. A common problem with the EE100's and is it fixable?

EDIT: Okay, I just put a pair of new Energizer AA's into one of my EE100 Special's and now the shutter is working. Before I was using Ni-MH rechargeables. Do the EE100's not work off rechargeables? Shutter on camera #2 is still not working though.
    Last edited by Norkusa; 09-22-2013 at 04:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Didja clean the switch contacts? Over time they can tarnish.
    I'm assuming it has an electronic switch not mechanical.
    Expletive Deleted!

Shooter
    35mm
    Nope, didn't think of that. I'll give it a try and see what happens!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin