Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,527   Online: 1008

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    Yep. I've seen that sited elsewhere as well. Apparently adding the pins improved film flatness substantially. Truthfully, I've used Graflex backs of all vintages and I've never really seen much of any issue at all with any of them. Granted, I stop down considerably for my work so shooting wide open may have shown more of an issue with some of the holders had I done that.
    I know from my own experience that although the pins were an improvement there are still flatness issues with the Graflex backs. The Horsemen is superior. Stopping down won't help with architecture.

Check this out: http://www.flickr.com/photos/egould/6979886059/

Graflex roll film back with pins.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just wanted to pop back for a quick update. Very long week but I finally got a chance this evening to try out the modification. It ended up being a little more work than I'd planned for but only because I took off a little too much material from the holder and so I had to patch a hole with a little high strength epoxy. It's done now and it fits the camera like a glove. I tried to take off about 1.5mm of material but ended up taking off probably a little more than 2mm because I'm exhausted and wasn't really paying attention to where I drew the line. I repaired my error which was an easy job thanks to my favorite kneadable epoxy. When all the cutting was done I found that the holder fit but the two sliding locks were still getting stuck just a bit so I took them off and sanded their edges a little thinner (sharper) and that solved that. So, now the holder is a little uglier but a lot more useful. Thanks all for chiming in with your thoughts and input. Now I'm gonna go make some pictures
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

phh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd like to share my part of the same experience. I found that my Hosreman 6x9 back has 3.69mm ridge height and the Century Graphic 23 got 3.93mm. Since only 0.24mm is hard to control by hand filing, I then file it down to 1.5mm and afterward put thin foam tap between the gap. Now it looks OK and I'll try to see if there's light leak to it. ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I didn't realize there were inconsistencies in Graflok backs and accessories. I thought everything was standardized. Something to keep in mind...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin