Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,772   Posts: 1,484,351   Online: 1232

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bronica Lens mot problems

Bronica SQ Lens release

I was in the field today starting to take some pictures with the 80mm lens on the SQ switched to the 50mm wide angle but didn’t like what I saw and started to switch back to the 80. But couldn‘t get the lens to release. Fortunately I was within walking distance of my house and gave up and came home, lost the light anyway . It was only about 50 degrees and I have used the camera in much colder climates. Checked every thing out including a new battery but had a devil of a time getting the lens mount to rotate and release the lens The shutter was cocked. I waited until the camera was warm and it finally it released, with much effort .When I examined the lens mount on the camera the grove is dry with faint signs of scraping. Is this suppose to be lubed somehow? Or is that mount that susceptible to the cold.?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bronica did say the mount should be lubricated. A film of grease will do fine. Wipe of any excess- you only want a film of it, not a layer.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have very much the same thing, my battery compartment fell to bits, the little holder inside the base, and now the camera will not fire, and can not get the lens off, twitchy cameras these.

I like the grease tip, nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does the shutter need to be cocked before the lens can be removed?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes. To attach or remove the lens, both body and lens must be cocked.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format

bronica lens mount lube

]Thanks a lot. I put a thin film of Teflon bicycle gear grease on with a toothpick and then buffed it down a bit with a Q tip. Now the lenses lock and unlock with ease . Amazing what a nearly invisible film of a lube can do.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin