Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,753   Online: 1027

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: corrosion

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had second thoughts about painting. It seems impossible for me to match whats been there over 60 years so after a light sanding to help blend the areas no longer painted with the areas still painted. I used an aluminum blacking solution used for gun parts to tone down the bare aluminum and buffed it all slightly.Finished it all with a coat of paste wax to resist further corrosion and think it looks OK. It appears a little time worn and rough but it already had some of that look (now a little more so).I feel it looks right. Thanks for all the suggestions....
    Don

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Can you post a picture? I always like seeing the end results. Glad it was easily reparable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Christopher,
    Here's a couple of pics.You'll see that it kinda' looks like it's been around the block some.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rt rear.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	267.7 KB 
ID:	79699Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lft rear.jpg 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	79700Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front.jpg 
Size:	276.4 KB 
ID:	79701

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin