Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,918   Online: 974

Shooter
    35mm RF

Rolleiflex 3003 Film Wind-on Broken

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, if not very sorry.

I recently acquired a full set for a Rollei 3003 (camera included). Everything works, except (what I suspect) is the film transporter. The problem I am having is that when I take a shot, the motor seems to be having trouble winding forward; it jutters and screeches trying to wind on. It gets progressively worse as the roll goes on (it is actually perfect for the first two or three shots) and stops completely by shot 15. Does anyone have any experience with this? If so, are there any DIY solutions or do I have to see a professional?

Much Thanks
    Kaan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think you're going to need professional help with this. And it will be expensive. Rolleis are not cheap cameras, and the 3003 has been out of production for a long time, so I don't know what the parts supply is like for them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You might want to forget about getting it "fixed", as these are very problematic to have repaired. That's assuming you found someone to do it, and assuming they had any parts. If it were me, I'd consider it a 15 shot camera and be happy that it did that. Actually, that would be my second choice idea. The first would be to sell it while it's still pretty much working. One day, and that day could be tomorrow, you'll have a highly engineered and expensive door stop.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/en/service-repairs.html. Also, if you like the Rollei lenses, consider getting a working body or two as a spare.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does this happen with more than one magazine? I have had a similar problem and the fault was always with the magazine.
    Make sure you are using fresh Alkaline batteries in the battery pack - do not use NiMH batteries. Clean the electronic contacts on both the camera and the magazine.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I was thinking it could be the magazine as well. Unfortunately I only have one magazine and on Ebay they are about £90. I read in the manual that there were different film backing plates for 36 and 72, and they couldn't mix, but I couldn't tell which one was installed.

I wasn't aware you could take the batteries out? My battery pack is a rechargeable one, so I assumed that they were not replaceable. It is possible that they are just losing all charge, now that I think about it (the previous seller probably left the camera in his attic for 20 years). I will see if I can replace them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Battery Pack can be re-celled with new batteries. I don' know if there such a service in Europe. I had my Packs re-celled by a company called Victory Battery (if I remember correctly).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Found the link - they re-cell all types of ni-cad battery packs - very reasonable.

http://www.victorycinevideobattery.c...d1819935ff3993

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin