Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,482   Online: 923

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    i use box cameras and modified box cameras all the time
    people have no idea what i am using.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Modified for pinholes?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Modified for pinholes?
    Actually, that reminds me, I'm in the process of setting up a few old suitcases for pinhole use with paper negs. Not sure if it'll be appropriate for snapshots of people with long exposures, but it sure is discrete...
    (as discrete as you can get pointing a suitcase at someone and opening a flap over the pinhole. At least I decided against a real shutter with a cable-release, somehow walking around carrying a suitcase with a cable sticking out of it might arouse suspicion of precisely the wrong kind...)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I find that if I sit somewhere with my camera pointed, it doesn't take long for people to just accept the fact that I'm taking photos in their general direction. Then they forget about me. Generally takes less than five minutes.

Easier to do with the TLR than the polaroid, Takes longer still with the Eastman No. 1 8x10. But sooner or later, you just blend with the scenery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Rolleiflex, even when noticed by people, does not seem to be perceived as a threat, and I NEVER got noticed when shooting in transports, most of the time less than 1.5 meter from my subject.

I was amazed to see that the Leica isn't really more noticed, the difference is more in getting noticed by people around than by the subject him/herself
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Nikon Kewlpicts, one of the old ones that twists in the middle. I can leave it flat, look down at the screen, and digigraph away - nobody's noticed yet.
    I sometimes do the same with my Rollei, sit with it in my lap using the magnifier to focus.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Actually, that reminds me, I'm in the process of setting up a few old suitcases for pinhole use with paper negs. Not sure if it'll be appropriate for snapshots of people with long exposures, but it sure is discrete...
    (as discrete as you can get pointing a suitcase at someone and opening a flap over the pinhole. At least I decided against a real shutter with a cable-release, somehow walking around carrying a suitcase with a cable sticking out of it might arouse suspicion of precisely the wrong kind...)
    I made candids with a Quaker Oats cylindrical box/pinhole camera -- that is, as "candid" as a 30 second exposure can be.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pin2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	78691

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tend to dislike confrontation, being a fairly extreme introvert. However, I love watching and photographing people. People are beautiful (even when we're ugly), but I still don't like having to face angry ones.
    A few times, a potential subject would ask whether I was taking their photo, and I'd tell them "I'm just waiting for you to get out of my shot."

Discretion being the better part of valor, and cowardice being the better part of discretion, I valiantly hid in the closet. (Douglas Adams misquote)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin