Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,807   Online: 754

Thread: Canon VT repair

Shooter
    35mm RF

Canon VT repair

Hello,

It seems one small drop did my Canon VT in by landing directly on the winding knob when extended. The camera still functions, but VERY slowly with lots of force required. I wanted to try to remove the top plate to try to correct what appears to be a bent winding shaft, but after removing the screws on the front, the timer mechanism, and a few screw in the winding knob, I'm stuck with what else to do. Can someone help direct me how to disassemble this camera?

- Nikanon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This should help: http://www.pentax-manuals.com/manual...n_p_repair.pdf

Could be similar to the VT

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you, my only concern would be how the slow speed dial comes in to play now

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm, I don't think you have to remove that.
    Did you remove the flash pc socket screw ? I have to remove that on my P.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The canon P is not similar in disassembly as with the VT. I tried with with these service manuals and it is a different build. Search apug for my top plate removal instructions i wrote a while back as i had to do it on a VIT. It has photos and tips for things that might not be obvious at first look. Get a good set of correctly sized screw drivers for the set screws or you will strip them and make it impossible to dissemble not sure you can even drill out such a small screw if you do strip them. Good luck

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin