Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,578   Online: 808

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Simulation of Dagor Lens with Zernike on to image, compared to ray tracing ?

Pseudo Zernike Polynomials are the most basic formulas I have ever seen in optics book. You find the radius of one surface and with multiplying couple of times , you find each lens surface aberration list and powers, up to tens of different easiest to hardest aberrations.

I want to know,

Is it possible to simulate a lens without so much harder ray tracing , glass dispersion characteristics with continuing to process the image with aberrations for every surface in the row at the lens ?

It seems basic and but What I am missing ?

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I found extented nijboer zernike diffraction theory and it fits to my needs. There is a lots of resources on that at google. One thing amazed me that online book writes about use of ray tracing is fits to old lenses , say latest 50s. After need use of wave theory , zernike solves the problems. Author talks about the possibility to find PSF with that method. I dont know how finding PSF contributes if you find the all phase of the system with zernike method. I know OTF and MTF derives from that method.

What else PSF,OTF,MTF contributes to if I have the phase. What they say about unsaid , if there is any ?

Anyone ?

Umut

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin