Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,337   Online: 972

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am setting up this 2x3 Century with the Graflite Flash handle modified ( but unharmed) with an electronic flash in the reflector.
    There is an existing flash mount on the Kalart Rangefinder that the Graflite clicks on to.
    But that makes it too difficult to reach the press shutter release which is on the right side of the Century Synchromat shutter.

Does anybody know how the shutter was typically fired on the 2x3 with a Graflite?

I am looking at photos including the " A Gaggle of Graphics.." on LF forum.
    On the 4 x5 it looks like the red button on the Graflite was used to fire the shutter solenoid.
    But the 2x3 has no solenoid or even space for one. It has a cable release socket pointing out the right side.
    ??
    thanks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    1. The Graflite instruction manual should be of help: http://www.southbristolviews.com/pic...liteManual.pdf .
    2. Solenoids were made for Graphic 2x3 cameras.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2x3 solenoid mount.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	84918

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the link, Shutterfinger.
    It showed how the Graflite can be mounted on the left side on the strap brackets, so that is what I did.
    That gives access to the shutter lever on the right .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Graflite_Focal.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin