Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,746   Online: 889

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Suggestions for Synchro Compur shutter CLA

Just received one. Yeah, the one in that avatar. (Thank you, Barry. Again, beautiful and much appreciated.) Works perfectly excepting that it is sluggish when the shutter speed is set to either 1/2 or 1 second. I am using it. But I will be getting another lens in a month or so and will try to do so on the same type of shutter. Intention is to send one off for CLA and use the second until the first returns and then send off number two.

So, who would be a good shop to send this shutter to when the time comes? Not concerned with speed of return or labor rates, just quality of work.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Just received one. Yeah, the one in that avatar. (Thank you, Barry. Again, beautiful and much appreciated.) Works perfectly excepting that it is sluggish when the shutter speed is set to either 1/2 or 1 second. I am using it. But I will be getting another lens in a month or so and will try to do so on the same type of shutter. Intention is to send one off for CLA and use the second until the first returns and then send off number two.

So, who would be a good shop to send this shutter to when the time comes? Not concerned with speed of return or labor rates, just quality of work.
    Chris, the shop I use is Steve's Camera Repair in Culver City CA. www.stevecamera.com

His work is exceptional and turnaround time is quite good.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Carol Miller at Flutots

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had Paul Ebel do my rim set Synchro Compur CLA a couple years back. I don't use the lens a lot but it's worked fine even in cold weather. You can search APUG for his contact info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul Ebel is good: paulebel44@yahoo.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On the east coast maybe SK Grimes.
    SK Grimes

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I never looked at Grimes closely. I think I will go with them for their APUG ties. Thanks everybody.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin