Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,401   Online: 872

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Graflok/international back on B&J press camera?

Is it possible to put a Graflok/International back on a B&J Press Camera?

thanks,
    bob k.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob K. View Post
    Is it possible to put a Graflok/International back on a B&J Press Camera?

thanks,
    bob k.
    Bob, my instant reaction is that it isn't, but I could well be mistaken. Which size B&J do you have and what do you want to accomplish?

If you want to use roll film, getting an insertion type roll holder will be easier and probably less expensive than finding a Graflok back and doing the necessary surgery.

For a 4x5 camera with a spring back, Adapt-a-Roll 620 (must take up on a 620 spool, will feed from a 120 spool; I use 'em, respool exposed film on a 120 spool before sending it to the lab), Calumet C-2 and C-2n, and a variety of Sinar roll holders will slip into most spring backs. Toyo makes an insertion type roll holder that's 48 mm thick and may not fit your B&J's spring back.

For a 2x3 camera with a spring back, its an AAR 620 or a much thicker Toyo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Might work if you have a Speed Graphic graflok back lying around, not sure about the dimensions. Graflok back are hard to find for a reasonable price though.
    "Art is is a picture of some dude I never met smoking under a lamppost at 6400 ISO and in BW."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I want to you use a Fuji PA-145 film holder. The current back won't come close to accommodating the holder. At this point I'm torn between attempting a conversion or looking for another camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For what its worth, if the B&J is in reasonable original condition, I would not ruin it as an antique by messing around with it, I would just get a real Speed or Crown Graphic with an originalGrafloc back. JMHO
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good advise fotch. I think that's what i'll do.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin